Over the last decade, pioneering urban agriculture company Plantagon has been exploring ways to grow food on a large scale in towns and cities, and developed a highly innovative building-integrated greenhouse concept.
In March 2016, the Swedish company got the opportunity to use a 350 m² basement space, right next to their headquarters, downtown Stockholm. They needed a modular solution to make the most of this challenging space and reached out to REFARMERS for a ZipFarmTM. The farm, Plantagon’s first operation, started growing in Summer 2018.
- Customer: Plantagon International AB
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Building: 3rd basement level of city centre high-rise building
- Growing surface area: 350 m²
- Crops: herbs & leafy greens
- Production capacity: 27 to 55 tonnes/year
- Start-up year: 2018
Supply of ZipFarmTM system
- ZipGrowTM towers & ZipRacks
- Seedling carts
- Automated ferti-irrigation unit
- Water-Cooled LED lighting
Installation from March to November 2018